So there are already a few Facebook groups in the Draft Lessig Movement.
The original Draft Lessig For Congress (now with over 4000 members!).
Then the 1000 Strong to Draft Lessig (which is nowhere near a 1000 people, get moving people).
But this morning I came across a great new one -- I donated $23 to Draft Lessig.
A lot of people (ok it was two, so sue me) have asked what more they can do to support the campaign and this group has the right idea, give something to the Draft Lessig movement on ActBlue. Picking a number can be hard (the federal limit gives you up to 2300 different choices without even going out of whole dollar amounts after all) and I think that the $23 number is a great target that everyone can shoot for.
Also, I have to give a special shout out to Yoav for starting the group since we go back to our time at Duke together (although he isn't Republican -- but hey, not everyone can be perfect).
And yes, I did feel a little bit dirty the first time that I gave money to Lessig on ActBlue, but my fellow elephants can rest assured that if Prof Lessig doesn't use the money to run for congress all of the funds will go to Change Congress -- not to Nancy Pelosi or Howard Dean!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment